 Robotics / 4952
Re: interest in JVM porting effort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 21:37:06 GMT

On Fri, 7 May 1999, Eric Lind wrote:

I was merely ruminating on packages that might provide interesting
interfaces/classes, and packages that we can toss out of hand.  I wasn't trying
to imply (although my post did seem that way) that we should implement ALL of
java.io, just that parts of it could be useful.  It could be nice to have the
RCX specific classes implement the existing i/o interfaces to provide a uniform
access from an external development system.  The actual RCX-internals could
care less about streams, but the higher level classes a programmer would use
probably should (if only superficially).

I'm somewhat hampered by a lack of knowledge about the inner workings of the
RCX (a situation I'm working to rectify), so I'm focusing more on the classes a
programmer would use in development later on, rather than the actual JVM.

Ok, that sounds reasonable.

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801