 Robotics / 4948
Re: interest in JVM porting effort
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 May 1999 16:47:37 GMT

Aaah, good points.  Do we have a preliminary list of packages that we'll need?
Actually, it's easier to pick things that aren't needed and then complement
it.  java.awt is right out, as is java.applet.  The same thing can be said for
java.beans, java.sql, java.txt, java.math, java.util, java.security, and all of
the javax's.  java.rmi could prove useful, although probably overkill for the
RCX, and java.net might be nice later on, but, again, not needed now.  This
leaves us with java.lang (and some of its subpackages) and java.io.  That seems
considerably less daunting than what I first thought.  Of course, we can pick
and choose the actual classes and interfaces from these packages.