 Robotics / 491
Re: Tachocount
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:59:05 GMT

Do you think a tachometer needs to distinguish direction? Why?

Going forward or not, a vehicle _moves_ from one place to the other, so the space moved must always be added, never subtracted.
How could you otherwise figure _how_much_distance_ you traveled if sometimes it added and sometimes subtracted???

Have you ever seen a car were when the distance counter starts counting backwards when it reverses direction?

Laurentino Martins

--//--