 Robotics / 456
455  |  457
Subject:
Tachocount
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Nov 1998 18:16:29 GMT

According to the Technical Reference, Tachocount counts the number of
revolutions of the motor shafts (of the two built-in Cybermaster motors
ONLY).
I fiddled a liitle with it, but it doesn't seem too useful, first of all
because the internal motors are only practical to use for wheels, and second
because the tachocounter doensn't distinguish direction. So you can only use
it as a feedback input while the motor is driven by the program, so you know
the direction. I used such a feedback loop to make my Crusher walk a little
straighter (it heavily curves when both motors are at full power - by
tachocounting one wheel stops for a moment if the other one has done less
rotations.)

Thinking of/working at  some kind of 'stepper motor' apllication.

Eric Brok

Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://www.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
Mindstorms/Mind Control section: