 Robotics / 490
Re: A spider (legged) RCX robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:45:10 GMT

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Peter Ljungstrand) writes:

http://www.daimi.au.dk/~recrene/Spider/Spider.html

This was indeed food for thought.  The article displays the mechanism
for moving the legs up and down very thoroughly, but not the rotating of
the legs.

The first time I saw the article, I thought the model moved by always
keeping at least four legs fully extended.  I later learned that this
was not true, but I still think it would have been a good idea.  Keeping
at least one set of legs extended at all time has the advantage that the
model does not waste energy by "bopping" up and down when walking.
This practice would require one more output, though, to be able to
control both sets of legs independently.

Fredrik