 Robotics / 456
  Tachocount

According to the Technical Reference, Tachocount counts the number of revolutions of the motor shafts (of the two built-in Cybermaster motors ONLY). I fiddled a liitle with it, but it doesn't seem too useful, first of all because the internal motors (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

At least there's one thing that CyberMaster proved - That 3 inputs is not the limit of the H8 or even all the LEGO PBricks. Clearly CyberMaster have 5 inputs, although 2 of them are fixed just like the 2 fixed motors (which is not as bad as it (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

In message <4.1.19981111182607....ktest.pt>, Laurentino Martins <lmartins@marktest.pt> writes (...) Good question. I had hoped that the PBTxPower command would allow a higher setting but it appears that it is for 'reducing' the IR when two (...) (26 years ago, 11-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

(...) I'm sure the motors may be used for other things as well, albeit not as easily as separate motors. (...) But in a program you will always know which way the motors drive, right? So one can possibly maintain a second variable for each motor (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

Do you think a tachometer needs to distinguish direction? Why? Going forward or not, a vehicle _moves_ from one place to the other, so the space moved must always be added, never subtracted. How could you otherwise figure _how_much_distance_ you (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

(...) I think we need to think of other applications than cars as well. The tachometer can be useful in a lot of other mechanisms. Suppose we have a 2D plotter set up, and use one motor for the x coordinate and one for the y. That way, tachometers (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Tachocount

Good point of view, but I think that the intention of LEGO when created CyberMaster was to make vehicles. From that point of view it is a great bonus to have some tacho counters, since a toy car don't need them very much (but maybe Crusher needs (...) (26 years ago, 12-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)