 Robotics / 3621
Re: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 03:49:11 GMT

First Lego made Town Jr. with specialized pieces, and now they have
Mindstorms Jr., with specialized brains!

Seriously, as long as these new sets are expanding the Mindstorms product
line, rather than replacing RCX, it is fine with me.

I hope you can still download the bytecodes to this new RCX Jr., otherwise it
may be Code-Pilot again.

Mechanically, the barcode truck is a great multi set. And all those legendary
sets like 8880 or 8480 do not even come with a brain. So let's not make haste
judgements of these new sets simply by their (lack of) programmability.

Hao-yang Wang