 Robotics / 3614
Re: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:42:28 GMT

First off, thanks for the report Jonathan. Are the prices exact or an
estimate? I think $150 for a smaller "RCX" with less number of ports is
pretty sad ($50 more and you get 2 more ports and more peices?). But I
might pick one up, if you can use it with the RCX. Since this Mini-RCX
has only 4 ports will it be smaller/lighter in size compared to the RCX?

Service Packs

Apparently some of those hard-to-find pieces like
temperature sensors will be available as
service packs in Lego's online store (which, unless
I'm very much mistaken, is not running yet). I didn't
get specifics of what would be available.

Good. LEGO Dacta still didn't send me my damn catalog (I emailed for it
early Dec)...Is anyone in the same position as me?

--
Kevin A. Saddi
kevin-saddi@iname.com