 Robotics / 3613
Re: Mindstorms in 1999
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 02:39:54 GMT

Jonathan Knudsen wrote:

Overall, Lego seems to feel that the RCX was
overkill and they are stepping back a little.
While I was expecting to hear about a new
RCX with four inputs and four outputs, I
instead saw smaller machines. While this is
good news for my book (the RCX platform
remains essentially unchanged), it is a little
disappointing vis-a-vis Mindstorms. Perhaps
someday they will recognize their adult
audience and make things more complicated
rather than simpler.

Argh! Does that mean that the RIS will be disontinued soon??  I wanted to
pick up at least one more this year (and the toy store is sold out at the
moment).

Mark