 Robotics / 3495
Re: Adder/Subtractor revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 6 Feb 1999 04:28:37 GMT

In article <F6psw8.Bxy@lugnet.com>, cyberia@erols.com says...

That sounds very interesting. I hope to see some diagrams or photos soon...

Your approach solves the biggest problem introduced by the A-S drive, that
of insufficient torque when driving tracks. Two motors is the way to go for
tracks.

Yes, this is the feature that really worked out well.  By changing one gear
(and adding appropriate number of 1/3 thickness shim plates under the motor),
one can get the following final drive gear ratios: 1/9, 2/9, 1/3, with no
additional modifications to the chassis. The 1/9 ratio will tow a file cabinet;
the 1/3 ratio is downright speedy (for a tracked vehicle)..