 Robotics / 3368
Re: Adder/Subtractor revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 09:25:25 GMT

Reno Pittner wrote:

I'm a little confused again. The explanation of the
adder/subtractor was to allow one to power each wheel
while the differential compensated for the different motor
tolerances, allowing the bot to travel in a straight line.

Nope. That's what one single differential does. Use two motors to power
the two axles on the differential, then use the rotating differential
body to drive your bot.

Regards,

Johannes.