 Robotics / 3373
Re: Adder/Subtractor revisited
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:20:18 GMT

This is not what we did with our models.

In the method we, and others have used, you apply the motor power to the
carriers of the differentials. There are two possible places to apply the
drive force to each carrier (24 teeth or 16 teeth). You do not have to use
the same one for each carrier, this permits you some degree of control of
the steering ratio.

The output shafts can drive wheels directly or through reduction, or tracks
through some serious reduction.
Tracks require more torque, particularly when turning. Although the A-S
transmission seems ideal in this respect, the single motor for
forward/reverse requires toom much reduction to be useful (unless your bot
is not in a hurry).

--
SeeYa !

Johannes Keukelaar wrote in message <36B57305.C4E89AD9@nada.kth.se>...

Use two motors to power
the two axles on the differential, then use the rotating differential
body to drive your bot.

Regards,

Johannes.