 Robotics / 3112
Re: expansion ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:31:03 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36a90add.169456990@lugnet.com>...
Reductio ad absurdam:

Your examples are irrelevant because they probably don't still have active
patents on the pieces and may or may not have ever had patents on all of
them.  What I was talking about (and what the majority of the thread was
about) was the LEGO patent on the 9V connector.  For that they have an
active patent.  They didn't get it just to show off and waste a lot of
money.  They got it so that other people could not copy it or use it without
their permission.  See:
http://patent.womplex.ibm.com/cgi-bin/viewpat.cmd/US05848503__