 Robotics / 3121
Re: expansion ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 23 Jan 1999 13:46:41 GMT

On Sat, 23 Jan 1999 00:31:03 GMT, "Michael Gasperi"
<gasperi@alynk.com> wrote:

Your examples are irrelevant because they probably don't still have active
patents on the pieces and may or may not have ever had patents on all of
them.  What I was talking about (and what the majority of the thread was

I can make the same case about something they _do_ have a patent on...
say, the 12-tooth bevel gear, is pretty new. Does that come with a
patent?

about) was the LEGO patent on the 9V connector.  For that they have an
active patent.  They didn't get it just to show off and waste a lot of
money.  They got it so that other people could not copy it or use it without
their permission.  See:
http://patent.womplex.ibm.com/cgi-bin/viewpat.cmd/US05848503__

Yeah, yeah, I know. Like I said and you so conveniently deleted...
Devil's advocate.

Jasper