 Robotics / 3056
    RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes —Goofyy
   Hi I've been having trouble trying to get a universal IR remote control to receive a message from the RCX, so it can LEARN the signal. I've tried 4 brands of remotes, and none of them seems to even see the RCX IR messages. I've read where someone (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes —Ben Williamson
   (...) The program is called OmniRemote, so if you search for that you should find it straight away. It worked with the RCX for me, although the PalmIII's IR is not that strong so you have to be fairly close. - Ben. ---...--- Ben Williamson (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes —Brandon Blodget
   Ben, I've been trying to use my Palm III with OmniRemote to send messages to the RCX but so far with out success. What was the process you used to train your buttons? What I am doing is using nqc to send a message through the IR tower which I try (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes —Brandon Yates
     (...) Hi Brandon, I've been using the PalmII with OmniRemote. It's real cool. But has some limits. First off I am using just the PalmIII IR port (not some addon) and the PalmIII has a very short range (About 25 feet max to the RCX). I've got it so I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX IR Messages & Universal Remotes —Ben Williamson
   Hi Brandon, I actually used the RCX to train OmniRemote. I used an NQC program that called SendMessage with each of the values that I wanted to train, waiting for a switch press each time. I'm not sure if that will give you results different from (...) (25 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)