 Robotics / 2790
Re: Pneumatic Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 17:29:02 GMT

Ian Sinclair wrote in message
I was interested in the tank stuff, but was even happier to discover
your micro-moter controlled pneumatic switch at:
http://www.members.home.net/ourcreations/pictures.htm

I'm curious how long it took you to come up with that design?  :-)

That design was in response to a thread that was discounting pneumatics
because their controls systems were "too big" and overall usefulness wasn't
much.  So I kinda wanted to undercut the complaint, since I like pneumatics
a lot.  I did it one night.  I wish I could say that I made it straight off,
but there were several predecessors that... didn't make the web page :)

A note on that switch... the Lego pneumatics switches are usually quite
stiff... look through your inventory for a looser one, and the micro motor
will do fine.  I think you might be able to work out some of the stiffness
with movement.  I haven't tried this because I seem to have one switch that
is particularly less stiff than the others and works great.

Your Mars rover is also very good.

Thanks!

LINC

Ps. I am working on an idea that will have a < 1sec. delay in either
direction of actuation, but it is way on the back burner.