 Robotics / 2396
Re: Pneumatic Tanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 01:43:31 GMT

Peter Baggiolini wrote:

Been Looking for some peices to do a few pneumatic projects with. Between
Dacta and Lego S&H, I have found Tubing,Valves,Pumps & Cylinders, but I
can't find Tanks...  It would appear that the only way for me to get a tank
or two, is to buy some of the more expensive kits..  Anyone know where I can
get these individually, or a less expensive alternative?

I made one from pvc pipe. Any size will work I used 3/4". It works
great and is still small enough to fit on a robot. I used the
"accordian" pipes to attach it to my bot. heres a picture of it:
http://www.bmi.net/shanew/homebrewtank.jpg
I just set it on my scanner so sorry for the quality. If you have any
questions just ask.
P.S. the yellow pipes are small pieces of the yellow tubes that came
with the mindstorms set. they are epoxied in the two drilled holes in
the end cap. The pvc glue wouldn't stick to the lego tubing.
Shane Weston