 Robotics / 26958
Re: TachoSpeed.nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 19:06:35 GMT

The main problem with your approach is that the motors do not stall when the
robot hits an obstacle so it will be hard for you to distinguish between the
motor speed slowing due to low battery levels, increased load (like going up an
incline), or pushing a moveable obstacle out of the way.  Why not just use a
touch sensor attached to a bumper mechanism?

I found again an old code I wrote for Cybermaster to do avoiding based on tacho
slowdown.

The trick is indeed to drive at a low power level, or the wheels simply sleep
and there is not enough slowdown to be reliable.

Philo

--------------------
task main ()
{
  Drive (-5, -5);
  Wait(50);
  Drive (-3, -3);

  while(true)
  {
    if(TachoSpeed(1) < 50 || TachoSpeed(2) < 50)
    {
      Drive (5, 5);
      Wait(50);
      Drive (5, -5);