 Robotics / 26952
Re: TachoSpeed.nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 22:28:35 GMT

Dean Hystad wrote:
Doesn't this make more sense.

task main()
     {
     OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
     Wait (20);
     while (true)
          {
          if (TachoSpeed(OUT_R) < threshold) //default behaviour
             {
             reverse (50);
             clockwise (30);
             OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
             Wait (20);
             }
          if (TachoSpeed(OUT_L) < threshold) // alternate behaviour
             {
             reverse (50);
             c_clockwise (30);
             OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
             Wait (20);
             }
          }
     }

The way it was written you hardly ever checked the TachoSpeed because most of
the time was spent in the Wait(20).  I assume the Wait is in there to allow the
robot to get up to speed before you start checking for a stall.

You assumed correctly. Without the wait the if statement is always
executed immediately.
I see what you mean: by taking the wait out of the start of the loop the
sensors are checked more frequently.
That doesn't solve the riddle though, because I hade the bot pushing
against the wall for several seconds, with 'watching the brick'
reporting values of around 57 and still the if statement wasn't executed.