 Robotics / 26954
Re: TachoSpeed.nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:26:09 GMT

task main()
     {
     OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
     Wait (20);
     while (true)
          {
          if (TachoSpeed(OUT_R) < threshold) //default behaviour
             {
             reverse (50);
             clockwise (30);
             OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
             Wait (20);
             }
          if (TachoSpeed(OUT_L) < threshold) // alternate behaviour
             {
             reverse (50);
             c_clockwise (30);
             OnFwd (OUT_L+OUT_R);
             Wait (20);
             }
          }
     }

That doesn't solve the riddle though, because I hade the bot pushing
against the wall for several seconds, with 'watching the brick'
reporting values of around 57 and still the if statement wasn't executed.

For the RCX wait times are in 1/100 of a second.  Is that the same for the
Cybermaster?  If so the reverse and turn times are a little short (as well as
the motor ramp up period).  I could see how it would be difficult to notice the
robot backup for 1/2 a second and then turn for 3/10 of a second.  It may just
look like the robot is always driving forward.

Can Cybermaster make sounds?  I use sound on the RCX for debugging purposes all
the time.