 Robotics / 26962
Re: TachoSpeed.nqc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:30:14 GMT

Dean Hystad wrote:
For the RCX wait times are in 1/100 of a second. Is that the same for the
Cybermaster?  If so the reverse and turn times are a little short (as well as
the motor ramp up period).  I could see how it would be difficult to notice the
robot backup for 1/2 a second and then turn for 3/10 of a second.  It may just
look like the robot is always driving forward.

Can Cybermaster make sounds?  I use sound on the RCX for debugging purposes all
the time.
According to the NQC Programmer's Guide the Cybermaster wait time is in
1/10 seconds.
This is consistent with my CyberMaster's behaviour when I set the
threshold to a high value and the if routine is executed.
I hadn't considered using sounds to know exactly what is happening. I'll
keep it in mind! The CyberMaster appears to be able to play all the same
sounds the RCX can.