 Robotics / 26433
  NBC beta news

I've just uploaded a new NBC beta (b8). The sourcecode and Mac OSX and Linux builds will be up later today. This beta has some cool new features. Unused variable declarations and unused threads/subroutines are removed before generating the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) Yeah! Speaking from the minority OS here, Thank You! Drat, another fun way to use gobs of my (rapidly shrinking to non-existance) free time. Thanks for keeping up on this stuff, and providing stuff like Mac builds. You're making me a very (...) (18 years ago, 13-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

HI. (...) What's this password thing? NBC compiler can really parse such high-level-shaped code? Please, forgive me if I haven't understood a joke, since I'm as slow in English as I can be funny in Italian! Bye. (18 years ago, 15-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) I've been working on a high level compiler for a while, taking a wide variety of different approaches depending on my mood it seems. Several months ago I had fiddled with a Pascal-based compiler tutorial which I worked through. In the end I (...) (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) Thanks for your continued work on this John. One question: Even after invoking the Coast() macro, there's still some resistance when manually turning the motor output by hand. Is this unavoidable due to the gearing, or is there a way to lessen (...) (18 years ago, 16-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

Hello Hari, (...) There is a lot of down-gearing in NXT motors ((URL) so you have to overcome a lot of friction to rotate its output. That's why the old RCX rotation sensor still has some uses... Philo (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) toys... <grin>. (18 years ago, 17-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) Or even (URL) ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

Hello John, (...) Will the Linux build be available soon ? The link given for beta 8 has a 404 error. Thanks for your great work on NBC and thanks for compiling it under Linux. Jean-Louis Bergamo, who has just received his NXT :-) (18 years ago, 18-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) My apologies for the delay. Life gets in the way sometimes. :-) I have just put it up. John Hansen (18 years ago, 19-Sep-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) Looks pretty cool, John. OK - so what is the password? Roger (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NBC beta news

(...) At the moment, the top secret password is to pass NBC a source code file with a .tny extension. That's likely to change in future betas. John Hansen (18 years ago, 30-Oct-06, to lugnet.robotics)