 Robotics / 26438
Re: NBC beta news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 03:07:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Daniele Benedettelli wrote:
HI.

Oh, yeah, and NBC can also compile this sort of code too (if you know the
top-secret password):

What's this password thing? NBC compiler can really parse such high-level-shaped
code?

I've been working on a high level compiler for a while, taking a wide variety of
different approaches depending on my mood it seems.  Several months ago I had
fiddled with a Pascal-based compiler tutorial which I worked through.  In the
end I left the code lying around since it didn't go as far as it had originally
promised.  But it was generating NBC code, at least.  So the other day I picked
it up again and changed the syntax it was parsing a bit to make it more NQC
compatible (it is not fully compatible).  And I hooked it into my already
existing front end rather than rewrite all that code.  The code is ugly and
inefficient and it relies on a bunch of global variables so it may all get
thrown away before long.

I will reveal the trick to getting NBC to compile this sort of code once it can
do something useful.  It is not yet as simple as passing NBC a file with a .nqc
extension.

John Hansen