 Robotics / 26427
Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 07:52:22 GMT

2) Put an actual lego light brick on the far side of the ball chute
    to shine light into the sensor directly.

If you choose (2) then block off the sensors own light source.  This
(I believe) will give you the best chance since when the ball blocks
the light, there is no light bouncing off of the ball from the sensor
side of the chute - so it doesn't matter whether the ball comes down
white side up or black side up - or even if someone feeds you a
basketball (which are brown).

That's the method I used on my own ball counter. During testing, I fed it with
(counted) hundreds of balls, it never missed (or over counted) one.

During LW2005 it counted about 15000 balls a day during a week... some wear now
but still working fine!

Philo