 Robotics / 26413
Re: GBC at BrickFest 2006
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 19:04:43 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Rafe Donahue wrote:

detecting the ball itself via reflected light
is a tougher issue...

I had success with a ball detector using only one light sensor...
Across from the light sensor, two studs away, was a silver brick,

Now that is a nice solution, and not one I'd thought of. Not having the silver
brick, I could still use a (non-LEGO! Aaah!) solution of a small pice of
reflective tabe or something. Cool.

Did anyone else have anything walk off under its own power?

I know that there's one power transformer that is missing (Jean-Mark's, pardon
my spelling because I'm certain that's wrong), so if anybody sees that turn up,
let me (or him) know. I've not seen your little bit unfortunately, but I think I
ended up with Steve Hassenplug's brick seperator. Although I confess I've yet to
unpack comepltely as yet, so for all I know *I* may still have some of these
items.

Oh, and I think I have some extra soccer balls... actually, I'm *certain* I have
some extra soccer balls :-).

--
Brian Davis