 Robotics / 25942
Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 01:09:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Todd Thuma wrote:

Can anyone confirm that the connector is RJ-esque and neither 4 or 8 wire?

Todd
Yep, I can confirm (finally, now that it's past May 1). It is a modified RJ12
connector (RJ-12 is 6 wire phone cord connector). The wiring and the jack size
is the same, but the little lock piece that sticks up on the connectors is
offset and slightly different size. It is possible to buy standard RJ-12 cable
and then just cut off the lock-tab (although you then risk the wire falling
out), or maybe someone could play with cutting off the tab and glueing it back
on at the right offset. I'm sure you'll see lots more about this in the coming
months.

:-)