 Robotics / 25940
Re: Lego Education Pamphlet indicates a NXT to old style brick adapter cable
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2006 00:58:35 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Byrne wrote:

I’ll throw one more suggestion on top of that.  Take a standard LEGO cable, cut
it in half, and put a standard adaptor on the end (such as a RJ11).  > -Tim

My understanding from reading some of the posts that the connector NXT uses is a
non-standard RJ-esque connector. It is not RJ11 or RJ45 but some new connector.
Not an electrical engineer myself, I do not know if this connector is even
available through supply sources. Also I further understand that RJ11 is 4 wire
and RJ45 is 8 wire. The connector on NXT is 6 wire.

Can anyone confirm that the connector is RJ-esque and neither 4 or 8 wire?

Todd