 Robotics / 25711
Re: So, who IS in the MDP?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:02:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Mike Walters wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, Alexander Sack wrote:
....LEGO hasn't even sent me a bummer email.

You're certainly not alone, Alexander, but I don't think it's a purposeful
thing.  It appears that perhaps some (or all?) yahoo e-mail accounts and some
(or all?) gmail accounts are not able to receive the e-mails from Lego for some
reason.  Someone told me offline that there has been a problem in the past with
Lego's e-mail system having gmail on a blacklist (because of spam).  The reason
that you and I received the confirmation e-mail but not the rejection e-mail is
possibly because the confirmation e-mail was not from Lego (it was from
informative.com).

I have not received a "bummer email", and my address is tied to my own domain
that I run the email server for.  I don't have any email blocking active.  I
don't think there is any reason for me to be missing the email, other than LEGO
not sending one (I did get the confirmation email).  I don't think this can
simply be blamed on mail being blocked.

-Tim