 Robotics / 24346
Re: self-propagating RCX program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:49:03 GMT

On Fri, September 9, 2005 1:07 pm, danny staple wrote:
On 09/09/05, Steve Hassenplug <Steve@teamhassenplug.org> wrote:

However, I think making a self-replicating robot from LEGO is not realistic.

I think efforts to build a Lego Robot that builds simple Lego models
have been made, and sucessfully, but only for fairly simple assemblies
( a 4 peice Lego "Duck").

You're right.  If it's possible to design a robot that can build a four piece duck,
it must be possible to design a robot that can build a robot that can build other
robots.  How many parts can these robots have anyway?  Maybe a couple hundred.
That's only fifty times as many as a duck.

Still, I think I'll stand by my claim that making a self-replicating robot from LEGO
is not realistic.

Steve