 Robotics / 24344
Re: self-propagating RCX program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 9 Sep 2005 13:20:14 GMT

On Thu, September 8, 2005 5:19 pm, Claude Baumann wrote:
Now to bring all this to have a self-replicating robot could be the ultimate
challenge for the whole advanced Mindstorms community. Are there interested
people out there to help working on that project? We'd need LEGO mechanical
engineering and RCX programming gurus.

I've talked with others about the idea of self-replicating robots.  That's no small
task.  The best idea was to build sub-assemblies, and have the first robot put them
together.

If the first robot was also able to program the others, that would be cool.

However, I think making a self-replicating robot from LEGO is not realistic.

Steve