 Robotics / 24336
Re: self-propagating RCX program
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:36:10 GMT

On 08/09/05, Claude Baumann <cbaumann@ci.educ.lu> wrote:
Hi guys,

Anyone interested in an experiment of a self-reproducing RCX program? Then
have
a look at :

http://www.convict.lu/Jeunes/tiny_mini_worm/tiny_mini_worm.htm

Enjoy !

That is very cool, but a little scary. The dawn of an RCX virus. If
you could then write it so it was also compatible with the other
P-Bricks (like the spybotix) that would furtahr enhance it. Very, very
nice.

Question - if a "victim" RCX is already running the firmware, would it
just be wiped and overwritten? Could you add some kind of "ID" packet
to say "I am already running the firmware"?

OrionRobots
--
http://orionrobots.co.uk - Build Robots