 Robotics / 23345
Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 22:25:33 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Chris Caron wrote:
   In lugnet.robotics, Samarth Moray wrote:
   One question: Have you had problems with melting ABS? one would imagine them melting at least a bit at that tempreature, given theyr’e so near the heat.

Hello Samarth

Thanks for the comments. Me too, I was thinking I could have get some melting problems. I did some gradually tests and to my surprised, despite the high heat I damaged absolutely no parts!

The two support beam above are located to high, so they are out of danger. I also have a pretty powerfull range hood, and needless to say it was working at full power during the use of the Egglift. ;o)

As you can see on this picture, this sensor received some heat:

(snipped pic)

In lugnet.robotics, Khan wrote:
   About the ABS, I was searchin the web site of this german guy who did some test on LEGo and to the melting point ... if someone kept it in his bookmarks ..

I know exactly what what you’re talking about! I made some search but didn’t found it do. :o( But if I recall these pictures were pretty painfull to watch! ;o)

This one? http://festum.de/1000steine/myimages/album10?page=1

“The Gaklander”