 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2472
  MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

Hello all! I wanted to introduce you my last MOC. This is a Lego appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs powered by an RCX. You can find pictures, video, NQC codes, CAD files and documentation (in English and French) on my BrickShelf folder: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

MASSIVE SNIPPY DAMN! That's different! No wonder it took you so long. I was wondering what you were up to :-) ...just another way of figuring out the extremely complicated task of making a boiled egg :-P I tend to stick exclusively to trains (you (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) Bonjour Chris...super MOC, peut être pas très spectaculaire mais une idée, une réalisation et une présentation super sympa (...) Merci, ça donne faim, et comme on dit ici, l'appétit vient en mangeant (...) Peut être le seul français à avoir le (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

C'est tout simplement EXCELLENT :) Et comme on dit souvent : mais pourquoi on y a po penser plus tot ! It's so simple, we should have done it a long time ago ! I'm quite sure you will find soon a good investor. Are you thinking of developping a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) Hello Samarth Thanks for the comments. Me too, I was thinking I could have get some melting problems. I did some gradually tests and to my surprised, despite the high heat I damaged absolutely no parts! The two support beam above are located (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) I think it was 'Ben' Beneke if thats any help, but his site has moved fairly recently. Tim (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) Phew, I can feel the heat! What was the reading recorded by the temperature sensor? As I recall the LEGO Temperature sensor range is from -20 degrees Celsius to +50 degrees Celsius. Would the sensor go off range or would the ABS melt first? CS (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) The range of the Lego temperature Sensor is -20o C to 70 o C. You can see one reading below. As you can see, I'm almost off limit. (URL) (...) From my test, definitely the sensor would go off range first. Probably that's the reason why TLC (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) (snipped pic) (...) This one? (URL) "The Gaklander" (19 years ago, 15-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: MOC: Egglift, a Lego Appliance to cook soft-boiled eggs

(...) Thanks! And from the other post ((URL)), it appears that the ABS will start to give way around 80 deg Celsius. Btw, I think your invention could also do hot dogs and bacon rashers for a fuller breakfast ;-) CS (19 years ago, 16-Jan-05, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)