 Robotics / 2323
Re: legOS ... really a stack question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:09:06 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

Ben Laurie <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Changing globals to statics causes crashes.

Strange that this is the case, since I'm pretty sure both are handled
identically, except possibly for the ordering of such variables in memory.
My guess is that some unrelated bug is causing your problems.

The point appears to be that statics end up somewhere completely
different from globals in the memory map - so I agree that it is
probably an unrelated bug that is revealed by changing the memory map.

As it happens, because of alignment, the switch to statics also makes
the image slightly larger. Whether this is relevant, I know not.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html