 Robotics / 2176
RE: legOS ... really a stack question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 3 Jan 1999 00:55:52 GMT

On Sat, 2 Jan 1999, Allen Martin wrote:

One problem I noticed with LegOS is that it does not zero the .bss
section, which I believe contains uninitialized global data.

.bss also contains global data initialized to 0, which is even worse if it's
not cleared.

Good point, I will add the code to clear it to my crt0.s before calling
constructors:

mov.w #__bss,r2
mov.w #__end,r3
sub.b r0l,r0l
cmp.w r3,r2
bhs .Lbss_done
.Lmore_bss:
mov.b r0l,@r2
adds #1,r2
cmp.w r3,r2
blo .Lmore_bss
.Lbss_done:

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@Traveller.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801