 Robotics / 23212
Re: RCX IR Transceiver and Sensor Port Circuits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 02:21:04 GMT

I'd love to see someone more experienced than myself give some
instructions for the following mod.

Currently serial tower turns off receiver somewhere between 1 and 2
seconds after the last character has been transmitted. Thus you can't
use it in a "listen only mode".  I like the option of automatically
power off. What I'd like to be able to do is keep the receiver alive by
toggling the CTS line rather than transmitting.

"Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Juergen Stuber wrote:
Hi Mark,

"Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> writes:
In lugnet.robotics, "Lamar" <r_ledford@comcast.net> wrote:
I for one would look at your work if posted on some web site.

I would also like to see your diagrams.

I'll see if I can get the circuits drawn up as jpegs and post them
on my
Brickshelf.  Can't promise a schedule though :-)

Please use GIF or PNG, jpegs are not so good for diagrams.

Jürgen

I think the jpeg I posted here:

<http://news.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/?n=2547>

reads OK, since I made sure the lines on the drawing were thicker than
1 pixel.
If you still have problems please say so.

Mark