 Robotics / 23177
Re: RCX IR Transceiver and Sensor Port Circuits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:55:51 GMT

I for one would look at your work if posted on some web site.

Lamar

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 9:49 AM
Subject: RCX IR Transceiver and Sensor Port Circuits

I've not seen much online in the way of circuits of the RCX transceiver or
parts
of the RCX itself.  Everyone seems too busy reprogramming it!

I have dismantled the units and traced the connections, found out the
pin-outs
and equivalent components for each semiconductor device inside, and drawn
circuit diagram of the transceiver and the circuit for an RCX sensor port
(by
reading across between the three port circuits).

The semiconductors I've researched are also used in other Lego electronic
units,
so diagrams of the Control Center and Bar Code Pilot could also be drawn.

Would anyone be interested if I put my diagrams online, or has someone
beaten me
to it?

Perhaps this would help people make their own devices to interface with
the RCX.

For legal reasons I hasten to add that the diagrams are unofficial so I
cannot
guarantee accuracy, nor will I ever seek to make any gain from it.  I've
used my
common sense and my degree in electronics to do with the RCX what I
sometimes do
with broken TVs or videos - take them apart to see how they work!  It is
purely
for enhancing the research of RCX enthusiasts and helping us to get more
out of
a great product.

Mark