 Robotics / 2102
    Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) Just for comparison, here is the rough outline that was discussed a long time ago but that nobody followed through on: I. Building A. Bodies B. Legs C. Wheels D. Arms E. Bumpers F. Etc. II. Programming A. General Programming Concepts B. (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Todd Lehman
   (...) Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are beginning to organize a new, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

        Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Kekoa Proudfoot
     (...) I would be against a single, all-encompassing FAQ, since I would like to be able to access a single document that is the Mindstorms FAQ. I'm not against a database of questions from separate FAQs, however, or the sharing of questions between (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

         RE: more Mindstorms FAQ - database driven —Kerry Garrison
      I have no problem putting together all of the data people are sending me into a single FAQ nor do I have a problem with putting it into a database. The only issue with putting it into a database is getting the hosting to run it on. I have a server (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Todd Lehman
      (...) That's what I meant, yes -- all-encompassing in terms of coverage across all FAQs for all LEGO-related newsgroups and/or mailing lists -- but with each actual FAQ (as posted after extraction from the master FAQ-base) having a unique and (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

         Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Jim Baker
      Also sprach Kekoa Proudfoot: : Then again, this is my opinion, and since I do not plan to directly : contribute to the FAQ, maybe I should have no say in this. Opinions are welcome. The best place to post them is the newly-created lugnet.faq group. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

         Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Fred Read
      (...) I agree. However, a Master FAQ which references other specific FAQ would be really useful. (25 years ago, 4-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Joe Greene
     ok I haven't finished reading this thread so please forgive any duplication. I would be happy to help write the implementation (for free of course) of the FAQ's giving them a uniform appearance and making them highly searchable with or without using (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

        Archive feature —Ed Kuykendall
     I'm new to this list. first question is - is there a daily archive feature to the list, so I don't have to sift through 50 or more posts every day? - Ed K. -- Did you check the web site first?: (URL) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Archive feature —Michael Gasperi
     (...) You should probably get off the lego-robotics e-mail list and use the Lugnet.Robotics news group to see the messages. This allows you to see threads and ignore stuff you don't care about. All the messages are copied back and forth to both (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: more Mindstorms FAQ —Jim Baker
   Also sprach Todd Lehman: : Anyone interested in collaborating on a Mindstorms FAQ (or any LEGO-oriented : FAQ) may want to get in touch with Jeff Thompson <jthompson@teubner.com> and : Jim Baker <beaker@havoc.gtf.org>, who, among others, are (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general)

        Call for Mindstorms FAQ Q+A (Was: more Mindstorms FAQ) —Jeremy H. Sproat
   (...) The LUGNET FAQ project is up and running again. We are seriously deficient in Mindstorms material, so if you have anything to contribute, please do so! :-, The LUGNET FAQ is of a modular design, meaning that you can grab just the Mindstorms (...) (25 years ago, 5-May-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)