 Robotics / 20394
RE: Back wheel construction advice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 13:20:40 GMT

I have found myself needing a similar freely-rotating wheel, and have had
only marginal success with a caster type of arrangement.  I've been
daydreaming about a ball bearing arrangement (think of a mouse ball) but
this would probably take us out of the Lego-only realm.  I'm not a purist,
and could live with that, but would prefer a Lego solution.  Does anyone
have a good idea, Lego or non-Lego?

  -- Russ

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Teoman Naskali
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 1:37 AM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Back wheel construction advice

Does anybody have any good construction ideas for the back wheel of a 3
wheeled robot, the wheel is mainly for balance, and it will have to rotate
freely, the front wheels have separate motors so the back wheel is dragged,
the robot can rotate whithout moving forward.

thanks for any advice

Teoman Naskali