 Robotics / 20320
Re: JCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:27:29 GMT

Hi Bruce,

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Bruce Boyes) writes:

6) Development tools including Java IDE, sample programs, JTAG
debugging/programming adapter and tools license. Free upgrades to any of
that. You can also use the JTAG adapter to program Xilinx CPLDs and FPGAs.
You can also use your own favorite Java IDE, we accept any standard Java
class file. All the Java libraries for all the standard Lego sensors and
motors are included.

[...]

After you buy one development kit then you can buy "OEM" modules and do
whatever you want with the individual pieces since you only need one tool
license per user (this license is with Sun and aJile, it does *not* go into
our pocket).

can you elaborate or provide a few pointers on the software?

- It seems to need some proprietary tools for programming,
  is that true, or are these optional?

- Does it run on Linux?

Jürgen

--