 Robotics / 20269
Re: RCX & RIS, a fading glory?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 02:31:08 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, PeterBalch <PeterBalch@compuserve.com> writes:
Steve =

You're really putting me on the spot aren't you? OK ...

mapping table in PC
makes it very hard to share software.  =

Before a download begins, the PC checks whether the named motors exist in=

the model. If they don't, it offers you the chance to set up a new alias
table (which is probably local to that program - you wouldn't want to mes=
up your own alias table in order to try out someone else's code). =

This is sounding a lot like the DCC system used in model train layouts.
You're looking at fitting a DCC-like controller into a programmable brick,
with each device having a programmable address?

ROSCO