 Robotics / 19992
Re: Big synchro drives: vacuum cleaner, lawn mower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 07:34:54 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Stefan Elsner writes:
Hi,

I finally found the time to put a web page up for the bots i built two years
ago:

http://www.lowpoly.com/lego/index.htm

First bot is a lego only vacuum cleaner bot on a 3 x 2 wheeled synchro drive
chassis.

The vaccum worked, the synchro drive only until errors accumulated, which
was soon, unfortunately.

Wow! That is so cool! When I first got my RIS I thought of making a platform
that could drag our Vacuum along with it but never got around of doing one.
Your  all LEGTO solution is great! To bad you had to make such a complicated
platform for it :) A "normal" LEGO synchro would have done just fine i.e. all
(three in your case) drives turn with the same axle. Of course this would not
allow the platform to rotate but it matters not with this application.

Second bot is a chassis for a lawn mower, also with 3 two-wheeled platforms
but this time they are spring suspended. Just as a size ratio, this one uses
the wheels from the last super car.

Wow! I can't believe you actually made a working suspension for that :)

Many pics, the page may take some time to load.

Stefan

PS: I remember I need a disclaimer concerning LEGO? Where would I find that?

You should find one on most LEGO-fan created webpages, read a few and write
your own. AFAIK there is no "standard" disclaimer to copy/paste.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)