 Robotics / 19870
Re: flame sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 21:52:44 GMT

The Hamamatsu UVTRON, available from Acroname, will detect a candle or
butane cigarette lighter from several meters. It's also sensitive to other
UV sources such as the now largely obsolete mercury vapor lamps.

One of my 4710 student teams used this on a fire fighting robot, here is
their project site:
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~wakefiel/cs4710/
As you will see there is some information there about flame spectra.

Bruce

------- WWW.SYSTRONIX.COM ----------
   Real embedded Java and much more
      High speed 8051 systems