 Robotics / 19835
RE: flame sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:59:24 GMT

Look here

http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/pyro.htm

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com] On Behalf
Of Vincent Grace
Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 3:16 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: flame sensor

I am trying to build a sensor to attach to the RCX that can sense a
candle
flame. I'll be attaching it to a robot that will use it to look for a
candle, go to it and extinguish it.
If any one has heard of such a sensor that's able to be interfaced with
the
RCX I'd be grateful if they could e-mail me about it.

I think it could sense the ultra-voilet or infra-red light coming off
the
flame. It would have to be very responsive and fast at reacting. Also,
it
would only have to be able to see the flame from a foot away max. Once
again
if anyone has heard of something that could do this, I'd be grateful if
they
could contact me ASAP.

VinnieG