 Robotics / 19834
Re: flame sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 23:35:47 GMT

Just a quick thought, I was thinking that using both the light and
temperature sensors might be the way to go. Let the robot search or seek the
brightness of the flame with the light sensor. Then if the value is true,
measure the heat with the temp sensor. The kick on a fan at high RPM to put
the flame out.

Hey cool.

In lugnet.robotics, Vincent Grace writes:
I am trying to build a sensor to attach to the RCX that can sense a candle
flame. I'll be attaching it to a robot that will use it to look for a
candle, go to it and extinguish it.
If any one has heard of such a sensor that's able to be interfaced with the
RCX I'd be grateful if they could e-mail me about it.

I think it could sense the ultra-voilet or infra-red light coming off the
flame. It would have to be very responsive and fast at reacting. Also, it
would only have to be able to see the flame from a foot away max. Once again
if anyone has heard of something that could do this, I'd be grateful if they
could contact me ASAP.

VinnieG