 Robotics / 19841
Re: flame sensor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:26:33 GMT

At 11:09 AM 12/23/02, you wrote:
I know that the terms of use for lugnet prohibits advertising, but I assume
it permits anti-advertising :)

The item identified in this post will not act as a flame sensor. It is a
proximity sensor which works by emitting its own IR illumination which is
modulated in such a way as to permit synchronous detection and thus avoid
being sensitive to external sources of IR energy. There is a much simpler IR
detector http://www.hitechnic.com/IRE_D.htm which will detect IR sources
such as flames when just the detector part is used. (The emitter part is
handy for prototyping and testing.)

Oops, I guess I was wrong, then. Thanks for the correction, John. :-)

~Mike

I think I know of something that will fit what you want exactly. John
Barnes (http://www.hitechnicstuff.com) makes an InfraRed sensor that
supposedly works over a range of 1-7 inches. Sensor info here:

http://hitechnicstuff.com/IRpage.htm