 Robotics / 19721
Re: Line following algorithms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 15:51:03 GMT

From: Gary Mullen <garym@the-mullens.net>

Thanks for the info about the line following events.

I wish I could make it to the Chicago meeting this weekend but it's kind
of far to go on such short notice.  Do they normally give out prizes at
these events or is it just the prestige of winning?

Gary

It's a little of both.  (prize & prestige)  When you go to a contest
sponsored by a robot club, they often give out "real robot" prizes.  (stuff
WE can't usually use)

But at the last line following event in Chicago, I won a Digital Multi-meter
and a trophy made from a couple old hard drives, a few circuit board
stand-offs, a couple heat-sinks, some ceramic resistors, and a circuit board
with "1st Place" etched on it.  The whole thing was VERY cool.  For a pile
of junk!

Currently, this: http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/ is still the best one
around.  They have good prizes, tough competition, and no entry fee.

Steve