 Robotics / 19273
AW: LEGO MindStroms 2.0: Alternative transmission techniques
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 20:06:49 GMT

I have read the book "Core Lego Mindstorms Programming" and this book
also discusses navigation. Since this is also my first project with the
RCX I don't have much practical experience with navigation.

I'm close to testing my dead reckoning system. I have built the robot
and the software should be finished about next week. But from what I
know so far it is difficult to keep the robot accurate over time (since
compass sensors are also easily influenced and then you still have the
problem of positioning).

To sum it up, I also don't have a "perfect" solution. And for my
practical experience of my current favourite system we will have to wait
one or two weeks.

greetings,
Raphael