 Robotics / 18463
18462  |  18464
Subject:
Looking for correct terminology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 05:06:07 GMT

Hi All,

I built a little robot that has two wheels that are tilted such that instead
of being parallel to the ground the axles stick up at an angle approximately
75 degrees to the ground.  Tilting the wheels this way raises the effective
axis of rotation and makes the robot more stable.  I have seen this done
before with cheap radio controlled toys that roll on two dish shaped wheels,
but I don't know what to call this configuration.  Any ideas??

Thanks,

Dean Hystad