 Robotics / 18422
    Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Dave Baum
   (...) The Spybotics brick is actually pretty powerful and uses bytecodes quite similar to the RCX. I'm working right now on updating NQC to inculde Spybotics support. I have been able to download simple programs, now I just have to clean up the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment —David Koudys
   (...) Thanks for the work, Dave! Does this mean that I will be able to program Spybotics thru the USB (RIS 2.0) tower, instead of the serial tower that comes with Spybotics while using NQC? Dave K. (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Dave Baum
   (...) Spybotics doesn't really have a tower, just a cable with a serial connector on one end and led/phototransistor on the other (which snaps into the back of the spybotics brick). It transmits using visible light, not IR (and I don't think it has (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Marco Correia
   Hi :) (...) So, a bit like MicroScout, it's programmed through the inbuilt LightSensor, right ? Can you see if it uses a VLL protocol like CodePilot/MicroScout ? ...that way, any Scout/RCX/CyberMaster could download VLL snipets to it. One important (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Dave Baum
   (...) It is programmed using visible light, but the commands are very different from CodePilot/MicroScout. The protocol itself is just 4800bps NRZ turned into light. The packets have a simple format (preable, data bytes, checksum). The commands in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Marco Correia
   (...) So, in theory, comms between CyberMaster/RCX/Scout and Spybotics is possible, provided that a fiber optic is used and an emulator is coded, although, at 4800bps I don't know if that's feasible with standard firmware and NQC. (...) INPUT ? (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Spybotics - A great disappointment —Marco Correia
   (...) From what Jake said at lugnet.lego.direct and from what you say above, I don't understand if IR or Visible Light (or both !?!?) are used to download programs to the Spybot. About VLL, from Jake McKee: (...) That's a *very good* thing, *both* (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.robotics)